Booking maternity hospital

Hi everyone! I'm a 1st time mom and a little lost. When you try to book a maternity hospital to deliver, what questions do you usually ask aside from the cost? And how soon do you register? Thank you! #1stimemom #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I booked mine at ard 30th wk at Parkway East. There was still hospital tour so most info was covered. Not sure if there's still hospital tours now, if there is, u may want to go for it. For me, I asked whether my husband can be in the OT during elective csect and the hospital allowed, as I knew tt KKH doesn't permit. You may also want to check if u're allowed to bring ur own pump. For PEH tt time, they didn't allow due to their own COVID safety measure. You may also want to check if the hosp provides abdominal binder. And also perhaps number of visitors allowed. Some hospitals cap the number of visitors per day. For PEH it was 2 visitors at a time but no limit to the total for the day (not sure what is it now as I delivered in Dec 2020).

Read more
3y ago

This is very informative! Thank you so much!

I put a deposit on thomson 5 months before my EDD cos they were having some special package. It secures my admission, just have to tell them the room type you’re looking at and if you change your mind let them know in advance cos of availability.

3y ago

Thank you for sharing!!!

Super Mum

Hmmm, would you be under the subsidised scheme? Or private?

3y ago

hi! I will be on private :)