Baby fair 2022

Hi everyone! My baby will due early July, will there be an upcoming baby fair? And oh I’m 17 weeks pregnant and I’m planning to start getting baby items in 24 weeks Since this is my first pregnancy, what are the essentials to get for a newborn? Take care mummies & daddies! #advicepls #firstbaby

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

[Part 1] Cause babies outgrow EVERYTHING very fast, you have to consider things like: Where is your baby going to sleep? - wooden cot or foldable cot? - space constrain? - do you need foldable mattress? - do you need spring cot aka yaolan/buai? What kind of essentials do you want to give your baby? - milk bottles (anti-colic or not?) - diapers, toiletries, wet wipes (go for brand or economical?) - breastmilk storage (bags or bottles?) - nursing bras and nursing bra pads, nursing cover, nipple cream, electric pumps, manual pumps - diaper rash cream (desitin, sudocrem, drapolene) - nasal aspirator (go for manual) - yu yee oil / minyak telon - wash clothes (thick or thin? Small or big?) - will you be introducing pacifier? - what kind of stroller you plan on getting? Car seat stroller? Normal stroller? - do you need baby carrier?

Read more

Mummy’s market! Or you can always find baby stuff at shoppee! just read on the reviews before purchasing them. Or there’s one called baby expo at MacPherson! You can fb search them! I started buying baby items only 30 weeks onwards😅 because I don’t want to end up rushing and buying things that aren’t necessary. I tend to read up more and ask experienced mummies first! Don’t buy too much newborn clothes because they will outgrow very fast. Newborn pampers also not recommended to buy too early. You might never know the brand that you buy is suitable for your baby. Apart from that, some items that you can purchase are washcloth, swaddles, baby carrier or prams, bottles, baby cot, baby binder, steriliser. Good luck mummy!

Read more

[Part 2] What kind of formula milk? - brand or economical in the long run? Where are you going to keep baby clothes and toys and gifts and whatnots? - need a wardrobe? Hangers? - you’ll need vacuum sealed bags to store bigger clothes to save space - need a trolley rack for daily necessities? - need a diaper caddy for few hourly change of diapers? Get your list of to-buy from Shopee, Carousell, hand-me-downs. Don’t be shy to ask around for 2nd hand items because some items are still very new. Some don’t even have babies but they won lucky draw for baby items (I’ve encountered a few on Carousell). Sign up as member on various platforms to get free samples of diapers, milk formula, baby essentials, etc. Good luck!

Read more

hello as fr myself also. Most Newborn clothes it was passed down frm a friend of mine. still i did buy some fr my daughter cos its my first child. u might wanna consider : Bottle Sterilizer, bottle warmer too. stroller and carrier is totally up to individual. baby rocker (if needed) i didnt buy any newborn diapers yet fr now cos i did not know if my daughter will be having any rashes or allergy towards some brands.. oh ya. baby powder... wet tissue? i bought most frm Value $ which cost me $1 fr 1 pack.

Read more

there’s this one always ongoing sale at balestier but i kind of forgot what the place is called, its in a warehouse, maybe you can google it! get the most necessary things like a cot, carrier, diapers, milk, steriliser, warmer, baby detergent, drapolene etc. dont have to get too many clothings for newborns cause they grow fast and you’ll mostly be at home for the next 3-4 mths! congrats!

Read more

you can checkout mummysmarket at raffles city, but not all the items there is cheap but its a one-stop shop where you can get all your baby essentials there (stroller, carseat, carriers, diaper bags, swaddles, milk bottles, etc). i will usually compare prices because usually shopee has better deals.

there's always one fair or another every other month, I think Singaporeans don't buy unless there's a sale. I find that Shoppee/Lazada (you can prob aim CNY and 6.6 sale) is usually still cheaper than Eg mummymarket though esp when you stack vouchers, so do some price shopping for the best deals.

can start to shop online.. for fairs, not too sure but can check out mummy's market, mothercare, they might have some sales since its the festive season now