Buy Dryer?

#Dryer My wife and I have a 16 months old baby girl. Our mother in law is also staying with us as she is helping us to take care of our baby. We wash our Adult clothes every Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday, whereas Tuesday and Thursday weekly are for washing our Baby's clothes. Some days, it's a struggle to dry the clothes when me and my wife needs to work overtime, and we often wash and dry Clothes late at 9pm or 10pm, ending at 10pm or 11pm, and we let it dry overnight and collect the clothes the next day late afternoon or evening when we have time (when baby sleeping my in law will help collect and fold clothes, or when my wife and I have spare time like 1 to 2 hours, etc) It's also a struggle when sometimes it's rainy day or rainy days and all the clothes get piled up and do not dry quickly especially working from home in this Pandemic where we change more clothes more frequently due to sweat and to keep ourselves clean as we have a young baby at home to maintain high levels of hygiene. Is it worthwhile to get a clothes dryer? Any parents here can share your experience? If I get a clothes dryer and use it for 4 to 5 hours per week (4 hours per week for adult clothes, 2 hours per week for baby clothes) and use 1 to 2 hours every 2 or 3 weeks when I change 2 sets of Bedsheets and 2 sets of pillow cases & Blankets, is it worth to get one? My wife says no need, however I felt getting one would save more time per month if dryers do not consume a lot of electricity per month.. Do clothes dryers consume a lot of electricity per month if only use 5 to 7 hours per month?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Get a washing machine that has a dryer in it too. I own one and it really saves my day! But then the washing + drying may take up to hrs to fully dry. I only use with dryer when mine & family clothes are really piled up.

3y ago

But too bad I alrdy bought a normal washing machine few years back... Without dryer function...