Narrow blood vessel

Just done with my 1st trimester detailed scan and the dr told me that I had a narrow blood vessel. This could lead to hypertension during pregnancy and issued me to take aspirin every night to prevent pre-eclampsia. Should I be worried? #firstmom #firsttimemom #preeclampsia

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama! I had the same issue during my pregnancy. It's great that your doctor has already put you on low dosage aspirin for preventative measures, because once you get pre-eclampsia, aspirin no longer becomes a viable treatment option. Pre-eclampsia is also usually resolved when baby is delivered, which is why many of them are birthed premature to ensure mother's safety. Do diligently take the aspirin daily and quickly contact your gynae if you spot any signs of pre-eclampsia (headaches, vision loss etc). There were a few times I did forget to take - just resume the next day and don't panic! You may also want to get a blood pressure machine if that eases anxiety. Every time you go to the gynae clinic, they should also routinely check your blood pressure to monitor. I ultimately didn't even experience high blood pressure throughout pregnancy and baby is healthy at 2.95kg upon birth :)

Read more
2mo ago

I knowww 😮‍💨 don't worry too much mama! I panicked too and did a lot of research on my own. Aspirin basically thins your blood a little so it helps increase the blood flow to baby through the narrow vessel! My baby was in normal weight range all throughout pregnancy also. Just try not to get any cuts or injuries (blood might be harder to clot since you're on blood thinners), and gynae should stop your aspirin intake around 35-36 weeks, about 2 weeks before full term, if all is well :) You take care and all the best with the pregnancy 🤍

nope