Does pregnancy last till EDD?

Does pregnancy last till EDD or earlier most of the time? If earlier, at how many weeks? I start my maternity leave at 36 weeks and wondering if thats too early. #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If it’s your first time, I think chances may be higher that it goes through to week 39/40. I’m week 39 now and cervix still shut right! Been on leave for a week now. Take this time to relax and get the house ready for baby! Best of luck.

3y ago

Oh man, i kinda want it earlier cos i cant wait to meet the little one. Anyways, wishing you a smooth delivery!

Really depends. Only a small percentage gives birth on their EDD which is just an estimated date. 36 weeks is great, don't worry! You'll be in full term pregnancy in another weeks time. Rest well for now. You need all the energy later on.

3y ago

I see. Thank you!

It depends on individual. I delivered one day earlier than my EDD (scan ones). If based on menses my edd was actually earlier.. i started my ml on the day i was admitted in hospital..

3y ago

Np! Have a smooth delivery!

Mine was on due date, no sign of labour and need to induce. It depends, my cousins mostly deliver at week 38& 39.