Not feeling as hungry as what most moms are experiencing in 25 weeks, and baby is slightly small, is it normal?

Hi, doctor says my baby is slightly small and asks me to keep eating. But I don’t really feel hungry in between meals. Usually I will have full meals such as noodles and rice. I may just snack a bit before dinner but this seems not enough for baby to grow bigger. Anyone experiencing this? I don’t really like sweet food and biscuits unless I’m really hungry at work. How should I eat to make baby grow faster? #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you eating normally or still have symptoms of nausea that still affected your appetite? If no nausea and eating normally, I heard baby can put on weight if you eat durian (if you like durian) as it is high in folic acid (beware! and sugar) but otherwise it is normal for baby to be small if you and your spouse are already small frame and you are taking your supplements and fluids regularly - all the best!

Read more
3y ago

I’m eating normally. No morning sickness alr although I may still throw up occasionally due to indigestion. Only I have a smaller frame so doc alr gave me a lower target for baby’s weight. But now baby only about 600g. His target for me is 700g. I’m taking multivitamins daily. Now just starting on maternal milk powder (so sweet 😩)! Thanks for your recommendation on the durian too!

I didnt put on weight or mayb just 0.1 from my week 12. when i work, i tend to just eat whatever that i can chopchop settle. Ended up with low fluid until gynae asked me to take durian(which i dun like since the past)! Mayb eat more meals and smaller portion? Take fruits? Now i am also trying to make baby grow n increasing fluid....

Read more