Induce isit painful? Bef or after epi?

Doc suggested to induce. I read online induce can be very painful? Is it done before or after epidural inserted? Oh no worried will be emergency c sect as i know it wont be 100% successful

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The part where they need to insert the induce medication hurts and also the dilation checks. not gonna lie, it hurts. My contractions started abt an hour after I got induced. I held on for about 8-9hrs before I got my epi. When I'm about to deliver they had to reduce the epi and the contractions were really painful.

Read more

Inducing is done before epidural and epidural can only be given when you’re at least 3 or 4 cm dilated. It does not work the same for everyone, my inducing process was painless except for the contractions part before I had any pain reliefs given. Once epidural is in, pretty much no pain.

9mo ago

Thanks! It has been 7hours for me now and still 1cm🥲

I got epidural then induced. induce can only happen if you're already slightly dilated. since I'm on epidural I didn't really hurt while waiting to be fully dilated. but nearer the end, the contractions still hurt like dull aches. extremely uncomfortable.

Epi is not painful, they will inject the anesthesia. So dun worry, pls worry the checking of dilation… more painful then the wound itself 😨.

VIP Member

I had induction and initially i tried not to have epidural. But hell broke loose and i was begging for epidural 😆