Did you get a confinement nanny?
Voice your Opinion
Yes
No

22834 responses

60 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We're first time parents, but decided against getting a confinement nanny as we felt it procrastinates the management of the new baby. Baby is much easier to handle when newborn, and we feel we should take advantage of this to adjust our own routine to baby's. Also , 1. All agencies I contacted wanted the baby to sleep in the same room with the nanny at night. absolutely not. I believe a newborn should be stuck to mummy in the 4th trimester to build the bond. 2. Unforeseen costs above the nanny package, like her food and accommodation, and mummy's food grocery bill. 3. Didn't want to pay to listen to an old auntie instill her own habits into the upbringing I want baby to have, nightmare stories of nannies who won't feed the baby until it is exactly the time to even though baby is wailing in hunger , or nanny to nag old wives myths or practices all day long (my MIL already does that 🤣) I ended up with catered confinement meal, and having either grandmas come over to help occasionally when we had appointments like postpartum massage etc.

Read more
2y ago

ya I would recommend for the first pregnancy but from second onwards, it's a waste of money. totally regret hiring one from an agency. cos I agree w you on baby being w mommy. and a lot of hidden cost that the agency don't share upfront.

Yes I did. Even though there was extra cost involved, but I think it’s a good 1 month that we get “some extra rest” to have energy to learn how to hands on and handle the baby. Just remember that confinement nanny is not a “replacement mummy” and leave her to do everything. My confinement nanny taught and guided me how to change diapers, give baby a bath, comfort a baby and ways to carry to make my baby feel comfortable with her valuable experience. She will even help to cook, wash my baby’s laundry and do the housework while my wife and I are spending quality time to interact/feed/read to my baby. I can even have the time to do admin stuff for my baby such as booking my baby’s appointment with the paediatrician/immunisation/registration and also with my work stuff. Just my thought and everyone may have different opinion:)

Read more

I didn't hire a confinement nanny. My mil passed away and my mom doesn't live in Singapore even though she really wants to take care of me. Finding a nanny even in SG is not easy if without friend's recommendation. I tried to search some agencies But turned out it was not easy. Many nannies are not Singaporean and it is heard for them to come to SG amid this COVID-19 pandemic. I ordered confinement food instead and my hubby takes all other tasks, including changing diapers, bathing, burping baby and takes care of me too. We learned from nurses as much as we can when we were still in the hospital. If we don't know anything, we just search and watch video on YouTube. Now my baby is almost 2 weeks. I can try to help my hubby a bit as my body gets better.

Read more

The service is not marketed here but probably I would've get if I found one especially if the hospital has an add on service because no visitors allowed due to covid 19 hospital protocol. So no mother or mil to help you when you're stitches are still fresh Your husband gets better sleep You can tend to your baby while the nanny helps you with toilet breaks and walking) I won't entrust my baby to the nanny but as a couple you both need to have rest because it's going to be hard when you get back at home.

Read more

Nope... but I wish I could afford. My 1st pregnancy I cooked my own confinement meals after c sect. I got very sick but my will was strong. Especially being a chronic illness patient with high risk pregnancy which luckily did not develop to any postpartum issues.This time I just have helper who focuses on the home and cooking and preparing my big boy for school while I mind my new baby. I got hospitalized again after discharged from birth... husband kind of lame in household matters... fact...🤷‍♀️

Read more
4y ago

I am so amazed by u!!! Good job mommy! If it was me, idk if I can do it or not

Im thinking to get one & been searching a lot. First time mother, only have husband here. We both clueless. No in law nor my mother can come to help (border closed and my mom/in law not Singaporean). Hiring confinement Nanny is expensive here & really like a gamble because if we don’t have friend to recommended, we wont know how will be she looks like.

Read more

wasnt that great after changing to a 2nd one, it seems every nanny has different strange pattern and styles of caring for my child, all boils down to each individual personalities and cant be 100% with their work even though they are handsomely rewarded. both has huge language barriers and can only understand simple english.

Read more

Didn’t manage to get any confinement nanny and because I have no spare room for her as I am a single mum and I’m staying w my parents. Confinement nanny refuse to share room with me even though my room only has a single bed and baby cot.

at first we didnt want because too expensive, but then after 2 days 2 nights no time to sleep at all, we had to get one. somemore, my baby is premature, light weight, jaundice, we're first time parents, dont know what to do.

yung baby ko po 2.250 kg nung pinanganak sya..ok lng b un?d kaya sya underweight?