Mastitis Fever

Currently having a fever due to mastitis. I'm on 7 days post natal massage and today is the 1st day. Although the masseuse did help to massage my breasts but I developed a sudden fever at night. Just popped paracetemol cos whenever I have fever, it is normally high temperature. I'm both latching & pumping. Can't keep latching my newborn as he likes to 'chew' my nipple when he's full and it's painful. How frequent to get my milk out? I have no one to help at home cos my husband just started work after paternity leave and I need to get well. #advicepls #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I've got 3x Mastitis 2x self cure. pump frequently to clear the lump. these steps helps hot compress for 5 min, pump for 10 min stop. hot compress again for 5 min, increase 1 level up for massage and expression mode pump for 10 min stop hot compress again for 5 min, increase 1 level up pump for 10 min and cold compress for 3 min. do it every 2 hourly.

Read more
3y ago

I did the hot compress & massage yesterday and it felt a bit better but my breast still felt hard. Told the masseuse and she helped to massage the lump until my breasts feels lighter. Feeling so much better now. Will take note of this in case it happens again. Thank you so much for your advice. This really helps ☺️

VIP Member

Try taking sunflower lecithin, it helps in clearing blocked ducts. You might want to go to a gp to get augmentin too

3y ago

Noted on that. I told my masseuse about my fever & she massaged the blocked duct/lump. Feels so much better after that but will take note of this in case it happens again. Thank you so much for your advice. This really helps ☺️