Private or gov hospital?

Currently just entered my 2nd trimester . I have been going to Thomson medical for my appointments. So far the experience is great, however, having thoughts that going to KKH would be a more affordable option in a longer term… will it be ok to make the switch now? #advicepls #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My suggestion would be for you to get your reports and test results, go to a polyclinic and get a referral to KKH. From there on you can go through subsidised to save costs. You can also choose to go through private at KKH if you want a specific gynae assigned to you, but if you are ok without a specific gynae, you can save a lot through subsidised. If you choose A or B1 ward for your delivery, you’ll be automatically switched to private and baby will be tagged as private as well.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for the advice ☺️

VIP Member

We are sort of the opposite, same just entered 2nd trimester, but currently subsided at kkh but intending to go to private, as kkh subsided everytime you go the gyne you see is different. Private also start having packages from 2nd trimester right? Guess will be more affordable.

2y ago

Thank you for the advice! I will look around 😊

Hi hi! It should be fine! You can get the reports from THOMSON to be sent to your doc in KKH. If you would like to opt for private under KKH u might need to quickly change as most Gynae don’t accept patients especially at tri 3 or they are fully booked.

2y ago

Thank you for the advice 😊