Frustrated and helpless

Am currently 36 weeks pregnant, recently just changed boss and the new boss emailed to ask me come back to work in office till labor, new boss doesn’t wfh but requires his subordinate to wfh. Moreover it is 1.5hr journey to office 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hais, any tips of how to hint boss that I want to wfh? #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yknow, i started my maternity leave at 38 weeks. under MOM regulations if baby were to get born before your maternity leave date given, you are only able to get a partial leave & pay. so be (somehow) lucky that they allow you to start your leave from your day of labour rather than wasting your weeks guessing your baby coming out earlier. here i am wishing i can work 1 more week - also, i'm working in retail. just take it as you are exercising in the journey of going to work. it helps and encourage cervix dilation as well. take it positively okie! jia you!

Read more

Maybe get a letter from your gynae? Or maybe get your gynae to cover u with HL till you give birth?

1y ago

From my experience, subsidised is hard to get HL (unfortunately). They will cover mc max 3 days only. Then no choice at least get a memo?

cannot hint already, need to blatantly write in to request

1y ago

Will try today, if boss die die don’t allow, tml go try request for HL during my gynae appt