Brown bleeding during week 4 and 5

Brown blood was observed on panty liner. It is not bright red blood. Is this something concerning?#advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went to the A&E When I had brown discharge and was given duphaston. Then I went to my private gynae a couple of days ago and he discovered a hematoma actually! And gave me duphaston to continue and a progesterone shot, and I was advised not to walk/stand so much for 2 weeks. Most of the time it’s fine, don’t want to worry you! But do monitor and also stand and walk less first

Read more

If week 4-5, may be implantation bleeding. I had brown discharge during week 6 so I just visit my gynae and gynae prescribed duphaston just in case cos he was quite concerned about it. Can ask your gynae for advice but as long as not red blood, should be quite okay. I was paranoid that time and went to google about it 😅

Read more
8mo ago

Thanks a lot for replying! I just needed to feel a little better before my gynae appointment next week

Usually nope. I even had brown discharge in 2nd trim bt all was fine. Its very normal to have spotting or implantation bleeding during early pregnancy. However it should not soak up the whole pad or accompanied by severe abdominal pain. Do monitor for 1-2 days first no need to panic

should be ok. more likely implementation bleeding but if it persist or there is red blood do consult your Gyane as it happened to me for my current pregnancy on and off for the first 2-3 mths.

8mo ago

Thank you so much for the reply!! Gonna meet my Gynae for the first time next week so feeling a little nervous