Take care of Baby

Both my husband and I are working. Our MIL agreed to help us take care of baby from mon to fri and only take back baby on weekends. Initially I am agreeable but given some thoughts, not sure as time goes by will baby get close to me? Will you choose to let your MIL to take care or will you rather put your baby at infant care? At least i feel that baby get to learn new stuffs rather than idling at my MIL house. #advicepls

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've a friend who used tt same arrangement but with her own mother. Aft 6 mths, she found it hard to bond with her baby, always cranky when grandmother wasn't ard. But they continued with the same arrangement for more than 1.5 years as they didn't believe in infant care. Now the girl is 2 yrs old and my friend decided to be a SAHM as she has a home-based biz. Her own mother isn't happy as she feels as though my friend is taking her grand daughter away, even though they still visit her twice a week. She's also having problems instilling her own routines and disciplining her daughter her way as the girl is alr used to grandmother's way. I think best if you can limit baby care with MIL to the hours tt u're both working. When any of u end work, take ur baby back. Personally, I'm having the same issue of deciding on care arrangement as both of us are working and we don't want to leave our baby with an outsider aft my maternity leave. So when I return to work, I'll be sending baby to my mom in the morn and fetch him bck aft work. Gonna be a tiring commute as I stay in the east and mom in the north. But I guess it's a sacrifice we have to make for our own kid. When he reaches 2 or 3 yrs old perhaps, then we'll send him to childcare.

Read more