2 kids under 2 yrs old

My baby is now 11 months old and I am currently pregnant about 2 months. My first checkup is this coming Monday. By calculation, I will have an infant and a toddler of about 18 months old next year. So that makes 2 kids under the age of 2. I am super nervous about this. 😂 Anybody here has experience with this situation and has any tips? I dont wanna overthink and make myself worry over nothing. Just cant shake that nervous feeling away. Haha.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Not me but my cousin had two under two last year and it was a ride. Honestly its as tough as it looks and im dying from having just one baby without a village. What i observed is usually having ur village aka in laws, own parents who are hands on not just bla bla bla listen to me, rather let me be there to clean ur house, cook for u, hug u when u cry kind. If u dont have them or not reliable, and u have the finances, prepare confinement nanny for urself and husband to recuperate. A helper to assist with household management like cleaning laundry cooking and taking care of ur first baby. Postpartum care of course massages and healthy meals because double whammy ur body barely recovered from first pregnancy. thats why gynaes n nurses nag to space pregnancy two years apart. So the second time ure probably less anxious and better anticipate whats coming up but its as tough with two. First born will be having big feelings and not understanding why u go missing or not as involved. This will have dire consequences in the long run. From being a teacher yes the tantrums meltdowns regression of trust all happens and its nobodys fault please. It just as hard on a kid to transition when they barely understand their world. also they need outdoors all the time like optimally everyday one hour, and u being stuck at rest, husband tired from work and taking care of u, really need to think of toddlers needs and how to regulate child better. even if it means the forbidden screen time 🫣 The house is perpetually a mess and its fine as long as the first kiddo is safe and not ingesting random bits on the ground. U might want to limit visitors while ure back so less stress and unsolicited advices. but if u need humans around why not ask them to be involved if ure comfortable with it. Oh both childrens sleeping time will be different for a couple of years. it will be so difficult that going out or sleeping in. One way i noticed was husband takes toddler, mom takes baby as much as u can so u can carry out their routines without messing up. but eventually ure gonna conquer the outside world as a whole family so get the carriers and stroller ready and the whole armoury of toys. if u have a car thats going to be ur safe space. if not yeet anyway i hope u have a good village backing u up throughout this journey! sorry for the rambling

Read more
11mo ago

OMG THANK YOU FOR THIS COMMENT! 💕 this is what I needed to know. oh dear. it's going to be tough but I know it's going to be worth it. 🤲🏻

Hi mummy! You got this! I got pregnant with my no 2 when my first born was 6 months old. I was also scared initially but learnt daily. There’s alot of things to think about but my best advice is always listen to yourself. You’ll eventually figure it out. Ignore all the comments that comes in, if any and focus on your family. I live with just my husband and my kids. So we just had to figure things out ourselves.

Read more

i just gave birth to #2 with similar 19m difference. i was nervous like you too, and it’s really a steep learning curve managing 2.

11mo ago

congratulations on your newborn baby! may you have the strength to go thru all the obstacles. do check back in if you have any tips ☺️

TapFluencer

🙏💕