Remedy Jaundice

My baby boy was put on photo therapy for 24hrs. He was discharge the day after. At the moment, he is still looking a little yellowish (face, eyes). I heard about showering baby with the chinese herbs to cure the jaundice. Does anyone try that chinese remedy and have positive effect? #advicepls #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I showered my eldest when he was a baby with the flowers from tmc but it only triggered high jaundice. My premature baby has also been put under phototherapy and his jaundice went up much higher after he was discharged. And for premature babies, it takes much longer for the jaundice to decrease. PD said to keep feeding on demand. Does not matter breastmilk or formula. Baby needs to pee & poop the bilirubin in order for it to come down. Do not put under the sun as I was told many times it's a myth. The sun and phototherapy is way too different. Just keep feeding on demand.

Read more
3y ago

Don't worry. For normal babies that are full term the jaundice don't stay that long unlike for premature babies. I've had both and so far only my premature baby's jaundice stayed for about 2 mths & we had to keep going to the hospital to check.