Leaking boobs

So my baby is 2 weeks old now and whenever she latches, she chokes and makes gurgling sounds then cries and screams. I’m already leaning back so that everything doesn’t gush out but it doesn’t help much. I read about let-downs but my boobs are leaking constantly allll the time, I don’t think it is due to let-down… She feeds every 2 hours, but by the 1hr mark, my boobs feel super full and tight and I’m very tempted to pump the milk out. But pumping creates more demand so it wouldn’t help at all right? When I pump, I get about 120-160ml from both sides. It’s not a lot but still feels like more than what my boobs can contain haha. What can I do to help her latch without struggling and choking and also to stop the constant leaking?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You have a fast letdown for sure. I was exactly the same as you and my boobs were also constantly leaking until my baby rejected my breastmilk. Try to latch sideways while lying down. This way the fast letdown will not make your baby choke. 120-160ml for 2 weeks pp is alot! Latch on demand as and when your baby wants. You can also try dream feeding. This way your boobs won't feel full every hr. Need to clear otherwise you'll have blocked duct which may cause mastitis. Had that on my 3rd week pp and it made me sick + fever.

Read more

Can try pumping or hand expressing out a little before baby latches. But recommended to hand express instead of pump if you’re afraid of over-supplying

3y ago

Will try that thank u!