Anyone who had a firsthand experience on how to have a stress-free air travel with a toddler? Please share some tips.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! Traveling with a toddler always takes a lot of preparation. One good thing to consider is the time of the flight, if going on a long flight best to try and schedule it during their nap times. Always have extra clothes for you and your child in case of any accidents. Bring their favorite snacks and some quiet activities they can do- coloring, puzzles, stickers, reading books! Bring a familiar blanket or pillow to make them comfortable to sleep too. Take off and landing can be uncomfortable because if the air pressure in their ears so have them chew on a snack or drink something during these times to minimize the discomfort. Always have small bottles of emergency meds in your hand carry for fever, allergies, nausea, upset tummy and others. If you allow your child to watch or play with gadgets you can download cartoons or their favorite games to take along too. Make sure the luggage you will bring will be easy to carry and maneuver with while having to hold your child too. I have travelled with my kids since they were babies and have found back packs to be helpful. Also doing diaper checks before take off amor bathroom breaks before strapping them in to buy some time to settle down. They may not enjoy plane food so always have a snack ready and if possible feed them a full meal before the flight so that there is less to do inflight. Good luck mommy!!

Read more

I've travelled with my turning 4yr old daughter for 4 times in a plane. Though they were just short trips, like 1-2 hours only. She has her own luggage full of toys and food. I let her play and run around the airport or play at the designated playground (if there is one) so by the time we get to the plane, she's tired and would prefer to go to sleep or eat or latch on me since we are exclusively breastfeeding. Bring the toy/book that your kid really likes to play/read with so she/he will be occupied. Get your child active before the flight so by the time you get to the plane, she/he got less energy to move around. Hope I helped.

Read more

We traveled with our first born when he was around 6 months old. Trans-atlantic flight and all. Breastfeeding him during take-off and landing and anytime he wanted to helped a lot. We walked him around the plane when he would get antsy. During layovers, we'd lay out a blanket on the floor so he can have tummy and crawling time to stretch out those tired traveler limbs! Have a lot of snacks on hand and milk (if formula/mixed feeding) too!

Read more

I travelled totally 24 hours with terrible two almost three... Chosed night flight and I didnt allow him take a nap before flight. it helped. at least he slept 11 hours in the plane.

bring their fav food, toys, books to keep them occupied !