Maternity Insurance with IUI

Hi, anyone did IUI and manage to secure a maternity insurance? I applied for Manulife ReadyMummy and got declined in view of IUI and recent miscarriage (chemical pregnancy) :( #advicepls #firstbaby

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Expert

Most insurance plans in Singapore don’t cover maternity-related costs, much less the costs of fertility treatments. For those that do, assisted conception procedures like IUI to come with an additional premium. Usually, these supplementary benefits can be claimed 12 months after treatments commence. From 1 Jan 2020, the government introduced co-funding for IUI at public hospitals. Couples will need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for co-funding for IUI: The female spouse should be below 40 years of age at the start of the cycle; The couple has been assessed by a doctor at a public assisted reproduction center to be suitable to try IUI prior to ART treatment; and One spouse must be a Singapore Citizen. The co-funding will cover IUI for a maximum of 3 cycles. The amount of co-funding varies, depending on the citizenship of the couple: SG Citizen Couple: 75%; up to $1,000 SG Citizen & SG PR Couple: 55%; up to $700 SG Citizen & Foreigner Couple: 35%; up to $500

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for your reply! I am actually looking at pregnancy insurance as I am currently pregnant. Mainly to cover myself and my newborn child, not on the IUI funding. Thanks for your help though!

Hi, I did a comparison. Just to share only some insurer accept IVF and IUI. AIA, Prudential is most recommended but I got it from AIA. I have 2 miscarriage and 1 abortion from ivf and they able to accept. Singlife also can cover but you need to buy another plan then can buy their maternity plan. However, no insurance can cover the costs of IUI / IVF as you can get subsidy from government and off set part of the costs with your Medisave

Read more

nope, I gt rejected by prudential (their ivf maternal plan) as well and i honestly declared 2 previous early miscarriages. reason for rejection: high risk even when i was cleared low risk for fts scan and GD. disgusting, so much for being honest! thankfully my pregnancy journey wasnt complicated and gave birth to healthy bb.

Read more

I did ivf and was told that I could try ntuc income and singlife by aviva. You can consider those. However i wasn’t successful in my application not because of ivf but because I have diabetes prior to conceiving. You can try these out.

Prudential can cover from wk 28 onwards. Do reach out if you need assistance with the application

I did IVF, and got my maternity insurance with AXA

Yes I got mine with GE

With GE