Hi anyone can advice LO coming 12 mths paracetamol's dosage? TIA

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is the medication used for fever? Paracetamol could be given once every 4 hours if temperature is above 39°C and every 6 hours if temperature is less than 39°C. You can also try tepid sponging if the temperature is more than 39.5°C. Use tap or lukewarm water to sponge. Here are the steps (from http://www.kkh.com.sg/healthpedia/pages/childhoodillnessesfever.aspx) - Remove clothings, cover the child with towel sponge and dry his face. - Apply the cool compress to forehead, nape of neck, armpits and groin. - Proceed to sponge body starting with the front then to the back. - Generally you should not sponge a child for more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Stop sponging when shivering occurs, or when the child turns blue or is mottled. When your child shivers, cover him up and wait a while before resuming sponging.

Read more

This website has a paracetamol calculator for babies, according to their weight. For a 8kg baby (estimated average weight of a 12 month old), the calculator estimates a dose of 5ml every 4-6 hours. However, bear in mind that this is just an estimation. Best to follow the instructions on the medicine itself or doctor's advice. http://www.eastmed.co.nz/paracetamol-dose-calculator.php

Read more

It's Better to check with Doctor on the dosage. As the amount of dosage greatly depends on the body weight of the baby. Too little might not bring down the fever effectively, too much will overdose. So it's better to check with the Doctor

My LO more then 9kg dosage is still only 3ml by PD.... so I think please get advise from PD...my 3 years old is only 4ml..... eventhough it's paracetamol but got different MG. ..some is 125 some 250 some even is 500...

How about giving Ling Yang drink or see a homeopath instead. Take homeopathic pills instead of medication. PD has a formula to calculate how much to give according to their weight.

Hi! Paracetamol is 10mg/kg. But do give it sparingly. It is metabolized in the liver, and babies' livers are still immature.

Depend on the weight of baby than give according to that. Best to check with the clinic u took the medicines from.