Hungry every few hrs & binge on wholemeal bread,crackers,oat,apple,milk. Any suggestion for alterna?

Always hungry, keep eating all these im between meals but not sure If I will get gestation diabetes for eating all these everyday despite its wholemeal. Eat already but still very hungry. I am at a loss now. What else can I eat in between meals? But somehow when comes to dinner, I feel very bloated. 1st trimester only #pleasehelp #advicepls #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually your snacks are generally those recommended for people with GD so they are considered quite healthy. For example, apple is a better option for GD as compared to bananas. Crunchy fruits are generally better than soft fruits. Oats, wholemeal and multigrain stuffs are also better. If you do top your bread with stuff, you can go for organic peanut butter which usually doesn’t have sugar but still tastes and smell great. Nuts are also good. Keeps you fuller and low in carbs. However, you dont have GD so if you do have cravings for other stuff, it is still okay to munch a bit on other not so healthy stuff here and there. If you wanna play safe, then can go recommended foods for diabetics and you’ll find a list of suitable diet as a preventive measure too. I personally have diabetes, so i am snacking over similar stuff. I drink instant nestum, the original one and the brown rice one during my snack time as well, cause it’s higher is wholegrains and it doesn’t spike my sugar 😊 oat krunch biscuits are not too bad too. Though there is some carbs and sugar, but eating one packet during my snack time doesnt spike my sugar much before my next meal either.

Read more

Not trying to ask you to eat unhealthily but those that you mentioned… I rarely eat during pregnancy 😅 I just eat whatever I want.. Fast food, noodles, desserts, bbts, fruits 😂 (Thankfully no GD). Actually just eat anything you feel like as long as in moderation. Don’t have to purposely limit yourself to healthy foods unless you already have any existing conditions to begin with.

Read more

I take nuts...almond... walnut... macademia.... plain yogurt is good too. not the flavoured ones as those are high in sugar. Sometimes hungry I'll have plain yogurt with some granola, nuts and fresh fruits

VIP Member

Try mixed nuts. May be u r craving for something like salty or sour or meat or etc. sometimes we will feel hungry if we don’t satisfy our cravings. So try to eat what u crave in moderation.

I have GD and banana is better than apple for me in blood glucose wise. It all depends on individual I think. Maybe try dark chocolate? You might be craving something sweet.