Week 5 n 2 days but no Sac

After my last post, went in for an ultrasound (did both intra n external scan) at week 5 and 2 days as advised due to my last Blighted Ovum. My gynae couldnt see any clear sac. Only pointed to a small possible sac. He did draw some blood for HCG test, gave me proluton injection and duphaston tab. HCG result was 1171 so he is saying it matches with the size of the sac that we saw. My test dye stealer is still getting darker though. Going back in a few days. He mentioned 90% not ectopic. Anyone in similar situation or experienced similar? Edit: 5 weeks may be early but usually at least a small sac can be seen. My hcg still rises alot everyday (test line on 1st response still gets darker). I have regular menses and i track my ovulation closely. I went back on 6th week nth could be seen, small sac was probably just some water in the womb. Ectopic was confirmed after going to KKH for detailed scan. #sharing #ectopicPregnancy

Week 5 n 2 days but no Sac
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in the same situation like u. Went to Thomson clinic for check up, doctor could not detect at all. No sac or baby could be seen. Few week later there’s brown discharge, at tht time I was already 5 weeks and 4 days, went to NUH doctor , no sac is seen on the vagina scan. 3 doctors checked me to make sure and mentioned it could be etopic pregnancy. I was worried , they took a blood test and told my HCG level is very high and there’s no pregnancy. After 4 days I experienced the same thing, brown spotting. Went to check at A&E. By the time I was 6 weeks 3 days which I thought , but this time another gynae doctor scan me. There’s a sac. But actually I am only 5 weeks 4 days In actual. Sometimes the ovulation of your date is later than you count. Wait a few more weeks. I hope you are doing well.

Read more
Super Mum

Hope you’re feeling ok..

2y ago

Take care and hang in there!