Gestational sac only

Hi all according to my LMP, I am exactly 7 weeks today and I got my 1st vaginal scan. However, there was only a 7mm gestational sac and ultrasound says its 5w4d. I've only had bloating and felt extreme fatigue with a little cramps once in awhile. No nausea/vomiting. Dr asked me to return for a rescan in 1 to 2weeks time. I'm very worried now cos mine is a 28day cycle mostly. Any advice? Do I go back for a scan in 1 week time or should I wait for 2 weeks?#pleasehelp #firsttimemom #advicepls

Gestational sac only
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi first time mum too! I was advised that it is normal for the LMP estimation and actual ultrasound dating to be slightly different and the next best time to scan (may come with blood test) is week 9-10 after LMP for more accurate dating of the baby. So my next scan is based on my LMP Week 10. As long as there is no abnormal discharge/ severe cramping, I think it is ok to have your scan in 2 weeks time?

Read more

Hello! I went for a scan at 5.5 weeks and saw only a gestational sac too. However gynae said the sac looks beautiful and no abnormal bleeding seen surrounding the sac. Fast forward 2 weeks later, i went for a scan last Saturday and i saw my baby with a very strong heartbeat 😍stay calm, mama!

update: turns out to be a blighted ovum. stopped at the 4th to 5th week period. now I'm jus waiting for it to naturally bleed out. didn't feel like taking the medication option.

5mo ago

thank you dear :))

Dont worry, i had nothing during my scan at 5w. Not even the gestational sac. But dont worry now I can see my baby and hear the heartbeat!! 😀