Mildstone for 8 month old LO

My 8 month plus old (birth age) LO his weight keep up and down for the past 6 month. He only started his puree mid may where he 7 month plus cause he need to support to sit. He also havent start to crawl and his both legs still havent support his weight and straigthen legs to stand. When he newborn, he 1 month at NICU as he born premature at 34 weeks and he hates tummy time. He started to do at 4 month old. How to gain his weight without dropping? How to make him sit without support? How to sttengthen his back bones for sit, crawl? #advicepls #1stimemom #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Since he's a preterm baby, he's actually just 7 months old developmentally so don't worry too much mommy! He'll eventually catch up (: Indeed tummy time is really impt as it helps baby to strengthen his neck which is vital for his progression to flipping, rolling and crawling. My baby too hated it at first but I always did it after every diaper change since he was a few weeks old so it's many times per day. Increase duration as he gets stronger. Eventually my baby was alr rolling ard at 3 mo and starting to crawl in reverse at 5+ months. I do alot of playtime exercises with my baby. You can google it, lots of youtube videos. Can also check out this IG: https://instagram.com/kinactive_kids?utm_medium=copy_link For the weight part my PD said once baby consumes more solids, the weight will increase. My baby too is just in the 25th percentile for weight, not balanced with his 80th percentile for height but he seems to be gaining more now since he started solids at 5+ mo.

Read more
VIP Member

I think all babies hates tummy time cause my girl when she was around 2-3 months old she also hated it when we flip her around. But we keep trying and say good job well done just keep complimenting her and slowly she starts to love it and starts to try to flip herself and when she did it she’s very happy. Perhaps you can keep trying tummy time but limit to like 5mins per day then slowly increase. Tummy time in fact is a good exercise for baby, it helps strengthen their muscles and get their muscles grow for crawling, sit and even stand. Take your time, don’t rush. Eventually your baby will have the strength. Anyway is his weight within the percentile? My baby girl weight is also decreasing as she grows but it’s still within the minimum percentile. We did ask the pd and she say it’s ok so long as she’s still within the minimum percentile and it’s normal for her to be at that percentile as she was born small (barely hitting the benchmark) though full term.

Read more