Baby with Preauricular Pits on the Ear have Discharge coming out.

Hi, my 7 months old baby have pits on both ears. As I was feeding him milk, i realised his left side of the pit was dirty, so I attempted to clean. As I lightly touch it, there was some yellowish discharge like pus coming out (like the picture attached). I continued to lightly press the surrounding area attempting to squeeze out all the discharge. Am worried what I should do, if I need to see a doctor for it. It doesn't look swollen or red, just so happen as I wanted to clean his ear and there was discharge coming out and I am worried. Mummies with similar experience pls advice. Thank you in advance! #preauricularpits #earpits #advice

Baby with Preauricular 
Pits on the Ear have Discharge coming out.
1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Looks like a simple bacterial infection from a clogged pore from the looks of it, but I can’t be 100% sure from the picture alone. Try to keep the area clean and dry to avoid a secondary infection. Monitor it over the next few days, as it should be going down gradually if you’ve expressed the pus out. If it doesn’t get better, it’s time to get a it checked and get a prescription for it.

Read more