Is this normal?

My 4months+ son’s left side area nappy area has peeled off skin. I thought it was diaper rash at first but it got bigger it almost look like shedding new layer of skin. He doesn’t seem like in pain because he didn’t cry when i touched the area. I changed to desitin diaper cream (previously been using Pureen) and applied Mustela cicastela cream on the areas that are peeling off & ensured the area is completely dry before application . My mum said it was because i put too much diaper cream that caused the dryness. Shouldn’t it be applied generously? Or was it because of his diaper size? He’s currently using size S, weighing 6.9kg and I thought I shouldn’t size up yet because the tapes are always touching each other when put on. Please advise! #pleasehelp #firstmom #sos #diaperrash #plsadvise #helpandrespect

Is this normal?
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest to change to pull up instead of tape. I make a switch of not just diaper brand but to pants diaper as it is easier and better to gauge if diaper too small or big. My 9 months old currently using size L diaper from Merries. I make the switch at 4 months onwards. That look like a dry skin, stop using diaper cream instead put on baby lotion or nothing at all to avoid further peeling off.

Read more

Are you taping too tightly? At 6.9kg and wearing size S, it sounds like you have to really tighten it a lot to make the tapes touch. My gal 6kg n I already feel size S becoming too small.

5mo ago

I doubt so because his waist is small. I did loosen it a little the other time but there was a lot of gap between the lower tummy and the pampers. His pee even went leaked through from the top. I thought it was because i had to always pull up the pampers to position properly because he’s on the taller side. However i tried M size huggies but it looks quite loose, there were a lot of folded area. So im not sure which 😥

Suggest to change diaper to another brand? Please apply more cream!