To Vaccinate or wait?

Am 35 weeks pregnant now. Should I go for COVID-19 vaccination or wait till after birth? I’ll be asking the doc when I go for appt tmr but just wondering if other mummies have decided!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

So just an update after my doc appt this morning: she said it’s up to me if I’d like to take now but I have to bear in mind that I might have to take 2nd dose closer to my date of delivery (if I plan to be vaccinated before birth). If I have fever after the 2nd dose AND go into labour, I have to go into isolation mode and everyone in the delivery room incl myself will have to be properly geared (hence uncomfortable for everyone + me). There are also other considerations! Just sharing.. for those who are in a much later stage in pregnancy like me and still considering to be vaccinated. Let’s stay safe and stay home as much as possible 👌👍

Read more
3y ago

You too! 🤗👍

Same as me I will be 35 weeks to get my 1st dose. Been thinking about it for very long too. My gynae didnt mention anything concerning. I think for me, I am just going to go ahead and pray for the best as I am already nearing the end of this pregnancy lap and would want to enjoy my post pregnancy without worrying about vaccination and covid risks. Importantly, do what you feel most comfortable with as the choice is really up to us.

Read more
3y ago

That’s a good perspective! All the best and hope all goes well for you 🤗

I am currently 5wks pregnant and got my 1st dose already, now I'm scheduled to 2nd dose after I found out im preggy, so im anxious. my OB said its up to me, but is there any other mummy who have same situation as me? I want to hear your thoughts?

If I’m you I would wait as it’s not too long you can take after confinement. Will be hard to handle fever symptoms alone if you deliver around that time.

My friend got advice from her gynae that it is advisable to vaccine between week14-33. I think it's better to check with your gynae. Take care.

yeah me too! im taking like a day after I gv birth as Im.scheduled for induce. currently 39weeks as of today..

VIP Member

Me too. In my 35+ weeks now. Will wait till my confinement end.

Super Mum

Hey mama, I would you wait since it’s not too long now

I’m in my 31 weeks n planning to do after confinement too.

3y ago

Same for me in 31week. Guess have to wait after confinement. then should be able to deal with it slowly.