Persistent left superior vena cava

2nd tri scan showed my baby had persistent left superior vena cava. But my gynae told me not to worry too much as it will normally be normal by third tri scan. Im heading for the scan in 10 days and am very worried. Anyone had such findings in their LB scans? Will appreciate some advice or how did third tri scan come out? #1stimemom #pregnancy #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear I went for my scan two days ago and had this relay to me too. I’m so anxious I couldn’t sleep :-( please lmk how it is. Praying that our babies will be healthy 🤍

3y ago

hi, i just went for my detailed scan. the left SVC is still there bt the heart is functioning very wel. the radiographer said there isnt anything to worry about. even my gynae himself is not worried too. they said it only gets worrying if it is coupled with other abnormality in rest of the heart. it is normal to be worried, i still am as well. we shall have faith xx

Hi, my baby has persistent left svc too with other major complications. The left SVC retracted within a month after birth. Don't worry! Take care of yourself!

Went for my first trimester scan at week 12 and doc say suspicious of heart abnormality. Asked to do more detailed scan at week 15. Is it the same for you?

3y ago

mine wasnt a heart abnormality per se. but gynae wanted to be sure, so went to do another scan. everything's fine, the heart's anatomy is normal

this is first time i heard about this situation. don't worry dear. as you doctor said . every thing will be ok. god bless you and your baby.

3y ago

thank u and God bless too (: