Do u announce to ur boss that you’re pregnant like week 5?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it depends.. some prefer to announce after 12 weeks after the pregnancy is more stable but some might choose to reveal to their boss early because they might not be feeling well at work and may need to seek understanding from their boss or co workers especially if their job is more physically demanding (morning sickness/headaches/extreme fatique) congrats babe, take care of yourself! :)

Read more

I did right after I found out cos I had to. The day after I found out I was yelled at by some superior at work, and I cried and wailed in the washroom at work. From then on I told my supervisor I couldnt tolerate the stress due to the news i just found out. Thankfully they excused me from being under that superior 🥲 Dont know if it really traumatised me or is just my hormones.

Read more

Honestly u aren’t obligated to inform them till at least after 12 weeks or your genetics tests come back all clear. If your job requires more time to find replacement in your absence, then you may want to inform earlier. Or if u constantly have to take leave during pregnancy as unwell, then may need to tell HR / boss

Read more

I hinted my direct boss slightly before week 9, then I got bad MS where my boss is understanding of my regular MIA since wfh.. she even approved my urgent long leave to rest and recover which I'm super grateful and fortunate.. eventually break the news to colleagues and family after the week 12 detailed scan :)

Read more

I announced around wk 4 and I’m glad I did. My supervisor has been looking out for me, not letting me carry heavy stuff, even standing too near a step and she’ll remind me to be careful. Really helps in having that extra care at work.

VIP Member

No I don’t. But I have a friend who has health complications and was pregnant, she informed her bosses earlier so that her boss can understand why she has to keep taking MC.

I announced at week 6 when my symptoms started as I thought it would be easier and my boss would be more understanding for me to take time off at times due to bad nausea

I informed my boss very early because I had a miscarriage before and I didn't want to be too stressed this time round. She understood and I'm glad I did it.

I informed my direct superiors as soon as I found out because mine is a physical job.