16 months baby frequent fever

My 16months baby been having monthly fever episode since 8 months old and each time, lasts for at least 5 days with high fever (highest at 40.2 / lowest at 37.7). Thing is, everytime before his fever - he would drool badly (like his entire front shirt would be soaked wet!) and chewing his hands for 2 to 3 days. Though doc always say its viral and teething does not caused high fever. Anyone has such experience to share? I'm worried with the frequent fever.. but his blood test result came out nothing unusual. 😓#pleasehelp #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm encountering same situation as you too. my 15mo having diarrhea for 3 weeks already. seen doctor and took antibiotic. but the diarrhea or loose stools seems not improving lot. it comes and goes (3days bad 2days good and then 3days 2days again). i suspected it's due to teething too however doctor said it's unlikely. out of desperation I brought him to temple few days ago and medium said he was frighten. mother instincts told me it's due to teething as the molars are actively erupting out. he likes to chew his hands, and worst picks thing from floor.

Read more
2y ago

then it should be fatty food. I gave him avocado and macaroni in olive oil these two days. he purged again after ate them.

I also had the same experience. As a mum being worried about her precious thing is normal. I am also the same. But do trust your doctor and reports. If you notice abnormal things other than current signs then go to the doctor and check your baby.

2y ago

Yeah that's pretty much what I can do.. Just deal with whatever comes.. Sigh