Baby wakes up frequently to feed

My 1 month old baby has been waking up very frequently to feed. I'm currently direct latching him. He will wake up every hour or every 1 and a half hour. How to make my baby sleep longer like 2 or 3 hours? Is it because of low milk supply that's causing him to wake up so frequently? If so, how should i increase my milk supply? #1stimemom #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Do you pump as well? So you know how much you get ml each boobs. Also could be for foremilk ( watery / clear breast milk compared to white ) you can see difference if you pump. It’s normal as well, my lo will awake 1.5 hrs to 3 hrs. I do mix feed as well. Some babies just want to snack too. They just want mummy boobs. Latch for 5 mins and fall asleep. So I latch and pump the balance to keep in the fridge, so when feeding fm. I will pump every 3 hrs to store inside fridge. Some mummies has Low n over supply milk. So depends on mummy if you can - Drink papaya fish soup - Lactation cookies/brownies/oats/supplements to boosts your supply . - drink milo - red dates / drink alot of water n list on Each mummy found different methods to increase supply.

Read more
3y ago

Ah i see. How long will it takes to see the results? Thank you so much for the detailed explanation!! Really appreciate it. Will try my best to pump every 3 hrs. :)