Warm Broccoli and Avocado Salad
- 500 g brocolli florets , cut into small pieces
- 2 Hass avocados avocados
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Place the broccoli in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to blanch.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and toss gently.
- Toast the almond slivers in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, tossing gently.
- Drain the broccoli and add to the serving bowl with the avocado. Toss gently to coat with the dressing, sprinkle with the almond slivers and serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.