Spinach Salad with Quinoa, Toasted Pistachios and Cranberries
- Lemon venaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves , pushed through a garlic press or very well minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup De-shelled pistachios shelled pistachios
- 280 g baby spinach
- 1 medium Anjou pear
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced Cerignola olives
- For the Lemon vinaigrette, whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, turn down the heat to low, cover the pot and cook another 10 minutes, or until the quinoa has softened and the water has evaporated; set aside.
- Toast the pistachios in a small skillet over low heat until they are just golden brown and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes; set aside.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Thinly slice the pear and add it to the bowl along with the cranberries and olives.
- Just prior to serving, add the toasted pistachios and cooked quinoa, toss with the lemon vinaigrette and season to taste with salt.
- Serve family style or in individual bowls or on plates.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.