Keto-friendly Beef Stroganoff
- 1 ½ sirloin steak (cut into 1-in cubes)
- Kosher salt , to taste
- Pepper , to taste
- Oil , to taste
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 button mushroom , sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large zucchini
- Sliced chives , for garnish
- Season the sirloin with salt and pepper generously.
- In a large pot, place oil on medium-high heat until it turns shiny. Put half of the beef in the pan. Make sure to allot space to avoid overcrowding. Sear each side for about 1 min, until brown. Place beef in a bowl and repeat with the remaining meat.
- Lower heat to medium. Add the onions, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt. Sautée until mushroom browns and the onions for about 12 minutes.
- Add the beef broth. Every now and then, scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- When the liquid begins to thicken, mix a few tablespoons of the hot broth with the sour cream in a small bowl. This keep the sour cream from curdling. Add the sour cream mixture into the broth and mix until well combined.
- Let the liquid thicken more and then add the seared sirloin. Include juices that have collected in the bowl.
- Keep stirring until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Use a peeler to slice the zucchini into ribbons.
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Place the zucchini ribbons and season with a pinch of salt. Toss until the zucchini wilts slightly, about 1 minute. Immediately transfer the zucchini to serving dishes to stop cooking.
- Top the zucchini with the stroganoff and a sprinkle of chives.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.