- 8 oz dried Korean sweet potato noodles
- 1 tsps vegetable oil
- 4 tsps toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cups soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt (add as needed)
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper (add as needed)
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 medium-sized garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1-1/2 inch matchsticks
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , sliced thinly
- 4 oz shitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1 medium scallion, sliced thinly (only the white and light green parts)
- 1.5 tsps sesame seeds
- Boil salted water in a large saucepan over high heat. Add noodles, occasionally stirring, to separate them. Boil for about 5 minutes. Drain and run under cool under cold running water to stop it from cooking through. Cut into 6-8 inch lengths and then drizzle 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Toss to coat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce and sugar until it dissolves. Set aside.
- In large frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. Put carrots, onions and season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until onions turn translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Increase heat to high. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Add the noodles and soy sauce mixture. Toss until well combined. Remove the pan from the heat, add the remaining 2 sesame oil.. Add salt and pepper as desired. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.