- 1 snakehead fish
- 30 g herba taxili
- 10 Chinese red dates seeds removed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 slice ginger
- Rinse all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pan-fry cleaned fish with oil, ginger and spring onion on both sides until slightly golden, then pour 2 litres of water into the pot.
- Add all ingredients and cook over high heat until it is boiling.
- Switch to low heat and cook for an additional 1.5 hours.
- Add salt to taste.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.