Fish Pie Bites
- 1 medium baking potato
- 120 g salmon fish fillet
- 1 tbsp frozen corn and peas, defrosted
- 1 tsp fresh chives , cut into little strands
- 25 g mild cheddar , grated
- ½ small egg , beaten
- Oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wrap the potato in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Wrap the fish in foil. Place the fish on the same tray, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the fillet is opaque and cooked through. Turn the oven off.
- Remove the potato and fish. Halve the potato and scoop out the filling. Flake the fish, making sure to remove the skin and any bones.
- Cover a tray with foil. In a bowl, mash the potato. Add the flaked fish, corn and peas, chives, cheese, and egg. Mix well. Using your hands, form balls the size of a golf ball, then form them into croquette shapes. Place them on the foil-covered tray, and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven back to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with the oil. Arrange the croquettes on the sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- The insides will be very hot, so let them cool well before serving.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.