- 1/4 blood orange section
- 1/2 pint loosely packed Thai basil leaves
- 2 ounces distilled water
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 3/4 oz pasteurized liquid egg whites* (Consuming unpasteurized egg whites during pregnancy is not advised due to the risk of salmonella.)
- 1 Thai basil leaf, reserved from half pint
- In a pint mixing glass, add blood orange section and Thai basil leaves (reserve 1 leaf for garnish) and press with several times with a cocktail muddler.
- Add distilled water, lime juice, simple syrup, and pasteurized egg whites.
- Shake for 6 seconds to froth.
- Fill glass with ice and shake for an additional 6 seconds.
- Strain mixture into a chilled cocktail glass, garnish with a Thai basil leaf and serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.