Baked PB&J French Toast
- 1 12-ounce loaf of day-old white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes;
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- ½ cup and 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup jam of your choice
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the pieces of bread in the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk the milk, brown sugar, ½ cup of the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and eggs in a large bowl. Combine until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bread in the baking dish. Let the bread soak up the mixture, about 10 minutes.
- Spread the jam over the bread.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Cut the French toast into squares. In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 2 tbsp of peanut butter and the maple syrup. Drizzle over the French toast.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.