- 1 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1 cup strawberries pureed
- 1 tbsp Gelatine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup water at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- Separate the eggs. Put the yolks into the double boiler and the whites into a very clean, grease-less bowl.
- Sprinkle the gelatine in 1/2 cup water and let it soak. Add the sugar to the yolks and beat till light and creamy.
- Place the double boiler or the container with the water over low heat and place the strawberry puree and yolk mixture in it, stirring all the time. This is the custard for the souffle.
- When the custard is warm, add the soaked gelatine and continue stirring till it reaches a coating consistency.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and leave to cool till partially set.
- Beat the egg whites to a state of stiff peaks. Beat cream to a thick consistency.
- Reserving a little cream for decorating, mix in the rest into the custard, in folding motions, and then `fold' in the egg whites too, till no lumps are left.
- Pour this into the bowl, decorate with the cream and leave it to set in the refrigerator and not the freezer.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.