Baby’s Poop 2.5month old (on formula)

Hello, is it normal for a baby to poop about 6 times a day? :( After her rotavirus vaccination, she had diarrhoea so went to the pd and changed to isomil. She was pooping 10 times a day during and after feed (few days after vaccination) It was okay for awhile so switched back to her Nan formula. Then she went back to pooping after her milk (not straight after but maybe 1-2hours after that kind) which is about 5-6 times in a day. Is this normal? Am currently putting her back on isomil for the time being again Ps. I wouldn’t say her poo is watery. Looks pretty normal actually. Just that she’s pooing a lot . #advicepls #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I faced a similar situation as you for my baby as well. To a point that we are worried that he may not be taking in enough nutrients. However, from what I understand, as long as your baby is still growing and gaining weight normally, it shouldn't be a concern. of course, as every baby is different, best to seek your PD advice if you still have any concern. Right now, my baby is 3.5 months, having contispation every 2-3 days that he will cry endlessly if he can't poop. Now how I wish he was pooping like before. take care and jia you. don't hesitate to seek advice from doctor if needed:)

Read more
3mo ago

Thank you for your input! I’ll monitor for one or two days more before i slowly put her back on Nan :)

How many ml milk u r giving? Is the baby taking alot of milk?

3mo ago

same amt of milk & feed for my LO who is also 2.5mo, on Enfamil. But poops 3-4x a day only ... i guess as long as baby is gaining enough weight it's ok? (but seek Pd's help if you are worry, a wasted trip is better than nothing!)