Need some advice

Must my 1 month old baby wear handmitten at all times?My mother in law keep nagging to wear but her nails are short and my baby keep sweating but insist to wear hand mitten and socks and swaddle her when we are using fan only. I mean I feel hot for my baby and after feeding my baby will sweat the whole face. She was arguing to me that the hands and legs are cold but usually babies blood circulation is not good hence cannot just base on touching their hands and legs but based on checking their back to check for their body temperature.#pleasehelp

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I stopped my baby wearing mitten when she turn 2 weeks now she can grab things (5w) 😎 I still swaddle her but only at night, and in the noon when she has trouble napping (in aircon room) , would change into sleeping sack in 2 weeks time as we notice she doesnt like to be swaddled but im scared aircon will make her feel too cold. If it is fan i would definitely wont swaddle her, my bb’s body got rashes when she was on fan, next day i put her on aircon 24/7 the rashes gone

Read more

My baby just turned 1 month few days back and we have started to remove mittens as it’s part of development for sensory touch. We only wear mittens and socks if we bring him out. Other than that, we just remove them if he’s home. Just tell her it’s recommended by the PD and she will shut up hahaha

I stopped baby from wearing mittens after a week but continued to swaddle him. Sometimes i remove the swaddle in the day as it’s too hot, but he still swaddles at night and it helps him sleep better too. Try not to let baby sweat as it may dehydrate them

I stopped my kid wearing mittens and booties when she is 5 weeks due to the weather and allow her to learn to feel with her hands. check the nails everyday. I also stop swaddling