Adapting to IFC

Hi Mummies, I’ve recently sent my 3 mos LO to infant care. My LOs requires contact napping and can never nap in her own cot or without being carried in the day. We’ve tried many methods to not carry her but doesn’t work and eventually gave in to carrying her. But now at infant care, the teachers don’t have the capacity to carry her all the time and her naps will be disrupted. Any mommies here had the same experience before? How did your LO manage? Did she eventually adapt and nap on his/her own? I’m a very worried mom here. #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies are resilient and adaptable. Teachers will also have their way to manage each child. My girl was 2 mth old when i sent her to IFC and she required to be swaddled for nap/sleep. However, her IFC doesnt allow that and initially she could only nap for short periods (like 10 mins). She has been in IFC for almost a month now and can nap for more than an hr without swaddling. may be tough/harsh in the beginning but if you are putting your child in IFC for the long run, he/she will just have to learn. i didnt change my practice at home to prep my girl but after sending her in, i change my routine at home to match what IFC does.

Read more

I will ensure I change my technique at home therefore at school it will be easier. My second born was like that. So I practice on baby cot/playpen/stroller, mattress and then I will make sure the teacher does the same unless the teacher has no other choices (continuously crying) and the teacher can also teach you some of the methods that work in school that you may use at home. Usually I will exchange methods/opinions so it helps both parties.

Read more

My baby also same as yours🥲 im also worried as she will enter ifc in january

5mo ago

My baby eventually adapted and teachers also find ways to help her sleep, she sleeps better in ifc than at home. Hope this helps you feel better.