Week 34 but doctor say baby size small

Hi mummies, I’m currently in my week 34 of pregnancy and today doctor informed that baby weigh 2.138kg and body size is rather small. Ftm here and did not dare to tell my mum. Any similar experience and what to do to increase appetite ? #pleasehelp #advicepls

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

FTM here. My baby is only around 20th percentile but very much healthy. They catch up very quickly after delivery - knew a few friends in similar situations too. Smaller babies are also easier to deliver! :) so don’t worry even if the durian and avocados do not help.

Dont worry as i have the same experience too. Doctor says my baby is small at 2.3kg when i was week 37. Baby differs and take time to grow. When i was 39 weeks, my baby weight 2.8kg. Eat more fruits n veggies. As well as drink lots of plain water.

my baby was 2.022kg at 34 weeks and my doctor said it's average size. I think as long as your baby is healthy and continue to grow it should be fine. easier to give birth when baby is smaller too.

Time to pile on some good calories mama! Avocado milkshakes are good. And also durian and birds nest and beef. Everything in moderation of cos. It’s your homestretch, u got this mama! ❤️

2y ago

❤️ u got this!

Do you have gestational diabetes? If you do, suggest you just take the avocado itself. Don’t go for the milkshake as it has high sugar content.

2y ago

Do not have it. Tried durian & avocado milkshake ytd. Hopefully it works! ❤️

Salmon, avocado, more protein food intake. I dont like durian, so I avoid this. But if you like, can take durian too.

Hi mama my baby is only 2.020kg at 34 weeks don't worry as long you and baby healthy all is good!

Durian, avacado, chicken breast, eggs without yolks! My baby came out overdue at 2.6kg 😃

2y ago

Thanks! Thanks!