One off bleeding 23 weeks

Hi mummies, I had sudden bleeding (blood trickling down my legs) for around 10mins after a hot shower. Went to gynae immediately and did a vaginal and urine test but could not find any bleeding in the vagina or urine. Gynae could not diagnose the cause of bleeding but put me on bedrest for 4 days. I have low lying placenta though at my 20 week scan. Do you all have similar experience? Very worried #1stimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had light spotting too at 17 weeks and was then diagnosed with low lying placenta during the 20 week scan, gynae said that was the cause of bleeding. I was prescribed duphaston to relax the uterus, can check with your gynae if you require it!

I have low placenta and 25 weeks now. I had brown bleeding on pad few weeks back n told it was infection near cervic. Doc gave me antibiotics n all well now. Prior to that i went swimming. Could have gotten the infection from there.

Read more

I had same experience, bleed like 1st day of period. rush to gynae but unavailable to find any blood. 🤷‍♀️ baby is 13month old now n healthy 😊