Best Daily Bag During Pregnancy

Hi mummies, currently I use a simple nylon backpack to work, and now I'm 20 weeks pregnant, my baby bump getting heavier, body aches a lot. Am wondering what type of daily/ work bag will be best for me? Would you recommend to stick to backpack, or use tote bag or any other recommendations? TIA!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I thought backpack would be good cause I used to use backpack before pregnancy. But I realised that it gets very uncomfortable for me when the laptop weight pulls my back downwards and i have a baby belly trying to pull my weight forward. And the straps will tug on my arm pits. With bigger boobs during pregnancy, it is uncomfortable for me. Personally, it’s not the best option for me. I changed to a longchamp tote. I carry as light as I can. I place my laptop in a laptop bag. When I feel okay, I put it in the tote bag. But when it’s too heavy, I can take it out and carry on another hand. Anytime that there’s too much weight on one side, I can change sides too. I feel much better changing to a tote. Generally I think it gets uncomfortable to be in a same position for a long time. Having the tote gives me the flexibility throughout the time when carrying the bag to swap around, and move around.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for your insight! Will try switching to my Longchamp tote :)

pls stick to backpack to balance the weight. tote bag will be worse because you may cause one side to be manage a heavier weight. perhaps get a bag with better strap support?

2y ago

That's what I think too! Am concerned if tote will be too much pressure on 1 side of my body