Helpppp! Severe weight gain

Hi moms, i’m 31 weeks, hitting 8 months next week. But since my last gynae check at 28 weeks, I’ve put on 4kg already. Gynae told me to keep it within 2kg, anything above is way too much. I’m only eating 2 small meals (like bread/cereal w milk) and 2 main meals. 😨😰😰 how #firsttimemom #pleasehelp Don’t understand why I’m putting on so much weight so quickly

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure how much weight you’ve put on already but I put on 17KG (7kg within the first 2 months) for the entire 40 weeks of my pregnancy 🫣. Gynae didn’t ask me to lose weight nor mentioned that I should control my intake or anything. Maybe because my baby was on the smaller side, I was asked to continue spamming calories lol! Did your gynae mentioned why? Was it because your baby absorbs too well so your gynae is afraid your baby might be too big for you? (My baby came out at 2.7kg only.) If your baby is in the normal weight range, not too big not too small, healthy then I wouldn’t worry about your weight. How about you try to replace your carbs for one of the main meals? Then instead of bread/cereal with milk, switch it up to nuts, fruits, crackers and oats instead?

Read more

If your baby isn’t too big, I think there’s nothing to worry about. I am at 32 weeks now, and I’ve already gained 20kg. My past few check ups I was gaining 4-5kg each time, and my gynae also did ask me to monitor my weight, but since my baby is average in size, then there’s nothing to worry about. Just make sure not to take in too much carbs or sugar. Even when I control my intake, somehow my weight is still going up. So honestly I’ve completely given up, as long as baby is healthy 😂

Read more
1y ago

Omg… thank you so much for this. Gives me more assurance.. My situation is almost exactly the same as what you’ve described.. gained close to 20 kg at 32 weeks and gaining 4 kg each time and not sure how come so much weight gain either, cos I only eat 2 small meals and 2 big ones..

You gynae is very strict sia. I’ve put on 12kg now, also 32 weeks…. My gynae never said anything, well, maybe not yet. Don’t worry too much about it, maybe check with your gynae to see why so high standard, could be different body conditions or baby development speed