Advise for coughing mum at 17 weeks pregnant

I’ve be down with sore throat, running nose and cough for exactly 1 week. Seen GP twice and took ART & PCR twice with results coming back all negative. GP only gave lozenges which is not really effective. I would like to ask all mummies if there is any effective GP or TCM that you all recommend. Or even home remedies that you all have tried and it works. Thanks!! #pleasehelp

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Had flu, cough and coarse throat too, GP gave me loratadine cough syrup lozenges but i only took loratadine (flu meds) and i just sucked on hacks sweets. Had warm honey citron water most of the times and that helped me recover fast. Get well soon mummy!

I was down with covid. Warm to hot water helps with sore throat and coughing. Take a stronger lozenges every time ur sore throat act up. I have the worst dry cough and swelling throat. Now coughing almost gone, all symptoms subside within a week.

I also had it for almost a wk and seen 2 dr within that period of time. what works best in the end was a cough mixture and nasal spray. it helped a big deal.

You can try to boil ginger, then squeeze in lemon and add a bit of honey. Get well soon :)

gynae suggested that I eat pipagao, the one with less sugar in silver packaging box!

honey water, or gargling with salt warer