Having spotting but a drop of brownish sh colour.. Is it normal for first trimester?

Im 4 weeks 6 days today and realised there was a 1 drop of brownish spotting.. Was having cramp before but didn't really feel anything came out until i went tpilet just now.. Is it normal? Should i go to hospital? #pleasehelp #1stimemom #pregnancy #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same happened to me, was on 3 weeks vacation, found out I was pregnant while on vacation (positive pregnancy test kit). 2 days after I came back, brown spotting (like old period). For reference, I’m 38 years old. Went to polyclinic same day, they couldn’t do a proper speculum (visual cervix check) because of the brown discharge. Got an urgent referral to KKH 2 days later. Got thoroughly checked, even progesterone levels. All seems to be good, no need for medication etc.

Read more

Hello mommy, what i can suggest for you now like what i did. I keep check if my hcg level increase by getting the Clearblue digital. If you’re 4 weeks should indicated 1-2 weeks. And next week you test again, should change to 2-3 weeks. From there i know my baby’s is growing due to my increase of hcg. At least give you a little peace of mind.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi Siti Yes. You should arrange to visit a gynecologist. Due to spotting. Try to get folic acid from Watson. Take 1 tablet a day.

2y ago

You can call your gynecologist tomorrow morning. They will advise you. Rest well today.