Is this real SG settings?

I had my first prenatal check up today. And it is very fast compared to my previous pregnancy check up from my home country where the dr will really check everything and educate me well. The dr did ultrasound to me transvaginal even though im already 8 weeks. And the ultrasound paper that im supposed to be excited to was not on my expectation. It doesnt written my name and other details like weeks heartbeat and all. The dr also didnt give me additional vitamins as she asked me if im taking folic and i said yes. She said ok. Then i asked if she will give me more vitamins she said no, your vitamins is fine. All in all from ultrasound to consultation is less 5mins. I am disappointed as i am together with my partner and we are both so much excited with everything about the baby. #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are taking subsidy then you should take under gynae/private. Usually this happened if you are subsidy. Dr will most of the time touch and go and will do quick check and ask the necessary QnA to patients. If you have any doubt, always ask on immediate to clear the doubt. Not too sure if gynae/private patient received this kind of treatment. But ill say they do get better service, sometimes personal touch to first time mum/dad. While I understand it is a concern, but you can perhaps feedback to the hospital you are currently in and to always ask or share feedback where necessary. Sonogram paper should include Name NRIC GE and all other small details indicated. And if you are at early stage you should take folic acid. If you have your own vitamins, then she mentioned is fine then continue to take. Not all mummies are able to take more at early stage sometimes dr do not want to stop whatever you have currently take (perhaps it suits you or it is already good enough). Hope this helps ur questions one way or another.

Read more
1y ago

Thank you