Newborn sleeping all day

I find that my newborn (6days) is sleeping all day. She don’t wake in the morning/night. We even have to wake her up for feeds. Is this normal she is sleeping 95% of the time. #firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

NB will feel sleepy and seldom wake up for few weeks till about a month whereby their sleeping routine will change. I ever did ask doctor during check up because my firstborn wasn't like this as compared to my secondborn. Weird but different child will be different. My secondborn sleep alot which worries me, but upon checking from doctor, she mentioned no need to wake up the child to feed unless during change diaper. At this point when they wake up for diaper change, you can feed your child. However, do not wake up when not needed. They are still trynna get use to the outside world hence they are like that. You will slowly see changes in your child sleeping pattern. But on the other hand, there are some parents that do have sleeping routine for their little one including feeding time. So back to square one, entirely up to individual decision.

Read more
1y ago

Thanks for the info :)